Carrot cake breakfast muffins
I really love these muffins as an easy on-the-go breakfast or mid afternoon snack with a nice cuppa.
Makes 12 muffins (or alternatively you can make this into a loaf cake).
- 200g wholemeal plain flour
- 200g rolled oats (plus extra for topping)
- 75g brown sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp cooking oil (rapeseed works well)
- 250ml milk
- 125g blueberries
- 1 large or 2 small carrots, grated
- 1 large or 2 small bananas, mashed
- Heat the oven to 200°
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, the oats, the baking powder, the sugar and the cinnamon and mix well.
- Create a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the mashed bananas, the eggs, the milk and the oil. Mix together until a wet batter is formed
- Gently fold in the grated carrot and the blueberries until everything is mixed evenly.
- Line a muffin try with 12 cases and divide the mixture evenly between them. Sprinkle a few oats on top of the muffins and place in the oven for 25 minutes until risen and golden brown on top.
- Enjoy warm or store for up to 4-5 days in a sealed container.