- Begin by placing your hands shoulder-width apart on a stable bench or chair.
- Take your bum away from the bench/chair and extend the legs straight out in front of you, keeping your arms straight.
- Inhale as you bend your elbows, lowering your bottom towards the floor.
- Exhale as you straighten the arms by pressing your hands back down in to the bench and lift yourself back up to the start position.
Top tip: Try not to hunch the shoulders as you preform the exercise.
- Tricep dips are a great exercise to do anywhere, as no equipment is required.
- They are a great exercise to do to improve upper body strength
- Tricep dips are good for improving muscle tone in the arms
Make it easier:
To make this exercise a bit easier, you can try bending your legs and placing your feet flat on the floor directly beneath your knees.
Make it harder:
To make this exercise more difficult, try elevating the feet on to a step or stack of (secure) books or similar.