Lentil and roasted vegetable salad
A salad just doesn’t cut it at this time of year does it?
But sometimes they’re just a really quick and convenient way to pack in your veggies.
So I find that making this salad that is hearty, satisfying and warm is the perfect meet halfway.
You will need...1 pack Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Puy Lentils Mixed salad leaves 1 red pepper, chopped into 2cm chunks 1 large sweet potato, chopped in to chunks 1 red onion, chopped in to wedges Handful cherry tomatoes, halved 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar Houmous to serve (optional)
- Begin by roasting the sweet potato in a little olive oil and sprinkled with paprika in the oven at 220°.
- Once the sweet potato has been cooking for 20 minutes, turn the temperature down to 200°and turn the sweet potato chunks.
- Add another dish to the oven with the the pepper, onion and tomatoes all drizzled in a little olive oil and sprinkled with some salt for 20 minutes. Turn after 10 minutes.
- In the last few minutes of cooking time, pop the packet of lentils into the microwave to heat through.
- Place mixed salad leaves into a large bowl. Once both the lentils and the roasted veggies are cooked, add them all to the bowl.
- Drizzle over the extra virgin olive oil and the balsamic vinegar and stir well to mix everything and coat in the dressing.
- Serve on plates with a big dollop of houmous on the side.